"I love orthodontics. I love doing what I do. I love working with the patients and interacting with them!"
- Dr. Anthony Paventy
Dr. Paventy is passionate about orthodontics. He truly enjoys his job, working with his team, and most of all, spending time with his patients. Dr. Paventy's philosophy is to provide the absolute best orthodontic care in a positive environment. He enjoys the diversity that each patient brings to the practice, and he looks forward to helping his patients create spectacular smiles!
Dr. Paventy began his career as an orthodontist by completing a rigorous orthodontic education. He believes that a good education is essential for any orthodontist, and he takes great pride in his achievements as a student.
Brigham Young University
- Bachelor of Science degree in Neurosciences
University of Nevada Las Vegas
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree
- Graduated with high honors
University of Oklahoma
- Master's of Science degree
- Specialty residency and certificate in orthodontics
- Graduate teaching assistant in the department of orthodontics
In order to maintain a high level of expertise, Dr. Paventy regularly participates in continuing education. In fact, he is so dedicated to being an orthodontist that he takes more than double the required amount of continuing education each year.
In 2009, Dr. Paventy was awarded the Charley Schultz award from the AAO for his research done while he was a resident. The award was given to the most outstanding clinical research done by a resident worldwide. He is now a Diplomat for the American Board of Orthodontics. This is an honor achieved by very few orthodontists in their lifetime. He is also a part of the Spear Study Club and has had his research published.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Dr. Paventy is a member of several prestigious orthodontic and dental organizations that provide him with opportunities for continuing education. He is a member of the:
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists (PCSO)
- Southern Willamette Dental Society
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Oregon Dental Association
- Oregon State Society of Orthodontists
- Southern Willamette Dental Society - Vice President and past Secretary
- Diplomat for the American Board of Orthodontics
- Spear Study Club